Who are we?
+10 yr. in the Telco so ware development
• 9 years helping Telco’s with regulatory protocols of Internet Bandwidth
• Extensive work on Internet Quality of Experience providing tools to reveal hidden issues
• Mobile Apps to assist technician in the Internet installation process
• Wi-Fi Apps and Desktop applications to map best CPE installation location
• Telecom, Retail & Productive Companies
• Key accomplishments
• QoS for Net Neutrality in Chile and Ecuador
• QoE in Chile, Puerto Rico, Peru, Mexico, USA & Central America
• Desktop and Mobile application for installation birth certificate.
• Internet User Experience
• Unique and non-invasive method of Internet Quality of Experience measurement
• Real- me reports for fast ac ons
• Hundred of metrics to correlate information
The Fragmented View
• When you consider the full end to end (E2E) path of a service, i.e. from the source content server to the customer’s screen, MSO’s have very limited visibility of critical sec ons of this path such as:
• CDN: from content server to edge of CDN
• Aggregated Path: from edge of the CDN to the edge of the MSO’s network
• Home Network: WiFi or ethernet after the CPE
• The only por on of the E2E path under the control of MSO is o en monitored using hardware probes or DPI. Both methods are disruptive, costly and can increase the amount of traffic with the core network and degrade the network’s performance.
• Probes need to be embedded deep into the transport network infrastructure and only monitor the lower layers of the OSI protocol stack.
• A user experiences the service at the top layer of the OSI protocol stack and traditional probes cannot directly monitor the upper layers of the protocol stack where the customer is actually experiencing the service
The UQOX solution allows those in charge of the Network, NOC Engineers and Customer Services to directly measure how the end user is experiencing the service.
Each Probe is a sophisticated “bot” that emulates the behavior of a human browsing the internet, downloading content and watching video content from free and paid services.
The probes are plug and play and are positioned behind the Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) anywhere on the network
The probes use cheap standard off the shelf small form factor PC hardware and are autonomous and only require a mains power socket and a WiFi or ethernet connection to the MSO’s network, the same way as a subscriber
The cross-visualiza on of the different results can quickly show the origin of the problem and quickly act on issues in the network before they cause problems in the perception of the service
UQOX – How it works
Highly scalable and non-Intrusive solution
Examples of tests performed
HTTP by Elements
FTP, HTTP & Other Transfers
Overall and individual data
All Times separated by stage List of slower sources
Reload and scroll inpage
Network interface speed
Sniffer & TCP Info
Minimum, average and maximum download speed Resolution drops
Picture pixelization, freezing and buffering
UQOX - Benefits
Monitor multiple classes or packages of own Services Analysis and comparisons between geographical areas Standardization and Homologation of CPE
Monitoring of competitor’s Services
Impact of the introduction of new network elements (i.e. cache platforms, CDNs)
Calibration of network and configuration files for different networks
Comparison of multiple access technologies
Valida on and monitoring of new services, or changes in the DPI or policy restrictions
Compliance with SLA, Neutrality Laws in the network and other contractual imposition
Monitoring of local caches platforms, CDN or specific services Enrich your NMS or alarm systems with new breed of alarms send by SNMP TRAP
Online real- me information, Customizable reports and graphical dashboards
Powerful BI and analytics, export reports and results to Excel & PDF
UQOX - Benefits
More and more Businesses offer free WiFi as a marke ng tool
But what is the real User Experience, and how does this impact the customer’s percep on of the Brand? It might be free, but It doesn't have to be bad...
We developed a version of our solu on (HW and SW) for a client that:
Fully supported for b, g, n in 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bands
Small Linux based devices
Control of the Wi-Fi spectrum and interference
Best Prac ces and Antenna power gain configura ons
“Walk Test”, to analyze the Wi-Fi spectrum on the Fly
Full assessment of current install
Founded on a principle of empowering technology with human expertise, we are focused in the design and execution of high value technology solutions for our customers to solve day to day problems minimizing risk, reducing cost and opening new business channels for them.
GET IN TOUCH
Zalo Technologies LLC
Miami, Florida USA 33137
All rights reserved Zalo Technologies 2018 I